I am grateful for…
- …Facebook, Skype, email and instant messaging which have made communication with my friends and family wherever they are fun, cheap, and easy. No more goodbyes but rather “talk to you soon!”
- …Google for giving me access to all the information I could possibly need or want, and for making it easier and easier to find the answers to my questions.
- …storage clouds like Dropbox, iCloud, and Google Drive for helping me to keep my computer clean and share information with family and colleagues easily.
- …iTunes, Pandora, and YouTube for free access to my musical life support.
- …Snapchat for showing me the silly side of my adult children.
- …iMovie for helping me make movies I am proud of without a great deal of technical knowledge.
- …iPhone for letting me carry my computer and data with me wherever I go, and for waking me up on time!
- …Prezi and Power Point for being the tools I use most for my presentations, and Pear Deck and Nearpod for making my presentations more accessible and interactive for my students.
- …Twitter and my ever-growing and ever-changing PLN for being constant sources of information and professional development.
- And lastly, I am grateful for my family and their patience and encouragement as I learn to use the new technologies and share what I learn with my local and global colleagues and students.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!