Enhancing Your Classes with Educational Technology (edtec4matc) is an introduction to social media and social learning.
J. Morgan in his February 13, 2009 article, “Social Media Education, How?” in Social Media Today suggests that social media is dynamic and that if we are going to use it appropriately, we need to focus on the following:
- identifying existing social media communities/creating new ones
- understanding how to monitor social media and respond to positive/negative feedback
- identifying relevant social media tools/platforms
- developing a high level social media strategy (steps to get started)
- weighing the benefits/value of social media and risks of social media
- recognizing and accessing resources needed to succeed in social media
- case studies/examples/results of social media (campaigns) used in education
- social media measurement
If you are interested in learning more, please visit Enhancing Your Classes with Educational Technology.